Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm Tweeting!

OK, that somehow sounds...dirty.

So let's say that I'm not tweeting, but I am now on Twitter. I haven't composed any tweets yet because I found the whole process vastly overwhelming. I will figure it out...eventually. But if you're interested in what will eventually be my rambling thoughts encapsulated in 160 words, then you can find me there (@CWilsonWrites).

All right, my faithful blog readers... I hope you all had a most excellent Christmas and a very Happy New Year. I did for the most part--beyond family drama and the fact that I boycotted New Year's Eve. So there were no fireworks at Casa de Wilson. But there was a tornado siren....because small towns have to ring in the new year somehow. Anyhoo... I chose to abstain simply because I wasn't sure about this whole 2012 thing. I mean, I turn 30 this year. Yikes! Where did time go? But nevertheless, I did drink on New Year's because...who needs an occasion to imbide, right? Courtesy of the husband I have discovered the delights of mixing Bailey's Creme Brulee creamer with Creme de Cacao and Vodka...and Chambord. It's quite tasty. Also thanks to him, I have discovered that a shot of Crown is oh so palatable when you mix peach schnapps in.

Besides from the copious amounts of alcohol I consumed over the holidays, I did accomplish some positive things.

1.) I have decided that I am a historical romance author. And I'm OK with that. It's very freeing to embrace that label.

2.) On the heels of this discovery, I started querying Rebel Heart as a historical romance. The verdict is still out but I will let you know the results.

3.) I joined Twitter. I think that's positive.

4.) I re-watched Season 4 of Mad Men. That's definitely positive...because Don Draper is the bomb diggity (to borrow a phrase from my golden youth...i.e. the 90s.)

So what about you all? Did do anything writing related over the holidays? Or did you just have an ol' fashioned good time? Have you made any resolutions?

5 comments:

  1. Mine wasn't nearly as eventful. Lol I slept. Hope you have a fabulous year ahead. Good luck with the querying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Miranda - I slept too! It was quite nice since I got zilch over Christmas. When I was awake I just morphed into an imbibing couch potato. With pizza. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still find Twitter confusing as hell, but in a mostly fun way. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the querying! I look forward to hearing good news. (I will also start this process in the days ahead)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with querying! I think you're on the right track :) And if you like Bailey's, try a "baby Guinness": half Bailey's, half Tia Maria (or another clear choclate liqueur). Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete